[meteorite-list] "Who is Dr. LaPaz"

From: Shawn Alan <photophlow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 21:26:47 -0800 (PST)

Hello Listers,
?
Its been a crazy day in NYC today with the snow and slush but all has melted and I received a package in the mail today of a Norton County meteorite, weighing at 2.33g from Dr LaPaz collection. Within the package, I also received copies of news paper clippings From the Norton Daily Telegram, dated May 1, 1948 ?from the meteorite fall, and Dr LaPaz comes up in every article. In one of the clippings there is a photograph of him standing by the meteorite being lifted out of the ground. I haven't read anything about Dr LaPaz till a week ago and was wondering what significance had he had in the meteorite community? I also?Wiki? him and from what I saw on Wiki, Dr LaPaz?was smart guy?and got his PhD at a young age. Lastly, along with the meteorite specimens I also received a trinitite fragment weighing at 1.79g?that he had collected from the Trinity project and was wondering if people on the list knew much about this stuff.
?
Shawn Alan?