[meteorite-list] Question Regarding Lunars

From: Carl 's <carloselguapo1_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 13:30:26 -0800

Hi Greg and All,

Here's an interesting video from the Kaguya lunar spacecraft. The red soil on the moon and Norbert's explanation is probably related somewhat although produced separately. Around the 21:20 mark, check out the red soil on the moon. Nice footage of the moon and of the astronauts frolicking about. Jim K.brought this video to the attention of SkyrockCafe:

http://www.slashcontrol.com/free-tv-shows/expedition-week/3669310949-direct-from-the-moon

Also, at around the 41:00 mark, the astronauts are kicking around a very large rock! Love this video.

Carl

Greg wrote:
>I really appreciate the detailed responses. That's what I suspected. Perhaps
the soils in Oman contain more iron based sediment, and the strewn fields there
are older. I always assumed that the iron within meteorites caused the
oxidation, but now it's clear that once any rock (meteorite) falls to earth,...