[meteorite-list] WTB IN Tucson

From: Richard Kowalski <damoclid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 12:18:32 -0800 (PST)

Even though most of the shows don't start until the end of this month, the very first of the Tucson Shows starts in just 10 days!

That being said, this post is addressed to all the dealers that will be selling in one of the shows IN Tucson this year.

I am looking for a few specific items, but the top of my want list is a full slice of a "Type 3". CV3 or LL3 in the ~50g range, and it must be classified.

I'm also looking for a similar sized, thin pallasite slice. No need to contact me about this one as I'll be sure to find one within my budget as I wander from room to room.

The last thing I'll specifically be looking for a very inexpensive ordinary chondrite in the 500g to <1 kilo size that I can window for use in talks about NEOs, impactors and meteorites. I have a kilo sized Campo already, so this would be its mate for "show and tell". This won't be a "cabinet display" stone, just an example to show off chondrules and metal flecks. It can be heavily weathered with zero fusion crust.
As such my budget for this stone is small...

If you'll be in Tucson and will have what I am looking for, please let me know off list to specifically stop by your room to see what you have.

If you won't be in Tucson, I'm sorry, but for these items I'll only be buying from dealers that will be at The Show.

Thanks

--
Richard Kowalski
http://fullmoonphotography.net