[meteorite-list] Small Asteroid 2010 AL30 Will Fly Past TheEarth

From: Meteorites USA <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 19:48:29 -0800

So given your explaination of what a "meteoroid" is. Which I have to
admit makes since to me because the the word "meteor" implies fiery ball
of flame which could not exist in space (aside from the sun). ;)

Aside from comets, planetoids and planetesimals, and planets, of course,
would that mean "all" small bits of material floating around in space
are asteroids, even down to the minuscule particle?

Regards,
Eric Wichman
Meteorites USA