[meteorite-list] Christian Anger

From: Don Edwards <icedance_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 17:24:22 -0800 (PST)

I've made a few trips through Vienna on my travels. These notes are excerpted from a 2005 trip:

"This is at least the 3rd time I've been in Vienna, so instead of taking the scheduled sight-seeing, I'm meeting friends: Christian Anger and Erich Haiderer. It's my first time to meet Christian. He picked me up at the hotel at 8AM. It is only half an hour from his home. Then we had a look at his collection (as I said it's only half an hour away from my hotel) and I met some of his family. Then we went to see some historical places from the ancient Roman Empire (Carnuntum legion camp). After lunch, we were back between 12:00 and 12:30 into Vienna and went to the NHM Vienna to see the Vienna Meteorite Collection.

Later we met Erich and spent the rest of the day with him. When we finished our day, Christian brought me back to my hotel.

Unfortunately this turned out to be the only time I had to meet Christian, but I'm very fortunate to have had at least this opportunity.