[meteorite-list] Pairing discussion/questions

From: Jim Strope <nwa482_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 22:10:41 +0000 (UTC)

Well, I don't know if you left any out as that is not really important.

However, anybody who thinks they can sit in front of their TV eyeballing meteorites that they just got in the mail from from some remote desert, and make a "best guess" classification will get called out by those of us who donate the proper classification repository and pay for the thin sections required.

This is my position on meteorites that I get properly classified. I am sure there are other long time collectors/dealers that, like me, have spent thousands of dollars over the years to "do the right thing" that will agree with this position.

Jim Strope
421 Fourth Street
Glen Dale, WV 26038

http://www.catchafallingstar.com/

>>>Don't expect every meteorite found in this strewnfield to get its own
number, that's just is not going to happen

NWA 2975/
/2986
/2987
/4766