[meteorite-list] Pairing discussion/questions

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 21:10:47 +0100

I really beg your pardon.

Do you really believe that one field season of Ansmet cost the tax-payer not
more than 600,000$ ??

Here, inflation... just an example, alone NASA, gave from 2002 on a grant to
ANSMET of 650,000$ a year for 3 years, additionally to the NSF-funds.
http://www.scienceblog.com/community/older/2002/G/20021870.html

NSF alone spends this season 7.5 million USD for the tractor train of the
South Pole traverse, 3 millions for additional field equipment, 5 millions
for new airfield vehicles at the McMurdo station, as well as 3 million to
improve the heating system. 3.3 millions for transportation of people and
cargo, 1.7 million for emergency vehicles. 5.0 million for two new fuel
tanks, and so on....

It costs, what it costs.

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----