[meteorite-list] Recent Confirmed Falls

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 22:49:46 -0500

Hi List!

I am compiling a list of approved falls that have taken place since
2007. I can't help but think I am overlooking one or two. These are
only official falls recognized by the Met Bulletin. Can anyone help
me with missing falls or information below that is inaccurate? What
ever happened to Zunhua? Didn't that become official? I can't find
it in the bulletin.

Best regards and thanks in advance,

MikeG

2007 -

Dim Dim (H3-5 chondrite) : Turkey
Mahadevpur (H4/5 chondrite) : India (Hammer)
Puerto LaPice (Eucrite) : Spain
Chergach (H5 chondrite) : Mali
Cali (H/L4 chondrite) : Columbia (Hammer)
Bunburra Rockhole (Eucrite) : Australia
Carancas (H4-5 chondrite) : Peru (Hammer and Crater Maker)

2008 -

Santa Lucia 2008 (L6 chondrite) : Argentina
Berduc (L6 chondrite) : Argentina
Sulagiri (LL6 chondrite) : India
Almahata Sitta (Ureilite) : Sudan
Buzzard Coulee (H4 chondrite) : Canada
Tamdakht (H5 chondrite) : Morocco

2009 -

Maribo (CM2 carbonaceous chondrite) : Denmark
Ash Creek (L6 chondrite) : Texas USA (Hammer)
Whetstone Mountains (H5 chondrite) : Arizona USA
 Grimsby (H5 chondrite) : Canada (Hammer)

2010 -

Lorton (type unknown) : Virginia USA (Hammer)