[meteorite-list] The search for aliens should start on Earth not outer space, says scientist

From: George Blahun Jr <ks1u_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 19:26:04 -0500

Darren and Gary:
     I agree, it may be a long shot, but one of the problems with science is it's resistance to change. Almost every monumental discovery was met by skepticism if not outright ridicule. Just a few years ago the mere mention of any researcher considering lights or outgassing on the moon would have caused funding cuts, rejection of tenure and likely dismissal. Academic freedom should encompass ideas which are inherently offensive or outrageous. Without that we are condemned to repeat the mistakes of the past and slow our acquisition of the truth. This guy may be totally wrong, but he should be allowed to pursue his ideas.

George