[meteorite-list] Meteorite Photography (Must read!)

From: Meteorites USA <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 12:02:52 -0800

Without seeming to endlessly argue with the data presented. I would like
to point out the the sharpness examples in the link you provided are
taken from a VERY small percentage of the overall image. In relation to
the entire photo taken as a whole the sharpness of the image is
comparable at any given area over an "average".

Macro meteorite photography works the same way, and I would bet that 99%
of people who view any photo don't look at such a small section of the
entire photo. This is fine when shopping for a lens, but for most
photos, frankly it does not matter much. Especially when talking about
web galleries of images at 72 DPI. Now when talking about print
resolution and sharpness that's a whole other topic. ;)

Regards,
Eric