[meteorite-list] Melt vein micrograph

From: STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com <STARSANDSCOPES_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 12:04:25 EST

Hi list, I thought some of you might get a kick out of a melt vein
micrograph I just took. It is in DaG 478 an L6. Only classified as an L6 but it
has some of the most beautiful impact melt.

I just bought an aus Jena Neophot 21 to get some hard to find parts and I
am having fun with "Scope Time" on a very cold snowing day in Idaho.

I wish I was in Tucson.

I reduced the shot to 2000 Pixel wide which will allow me to send a large
file with out exceeding the size limit of most Internet carriers.

I think you will like it if you are a metal fan. Just email me if you
want me to send it.

Tom Phillips