[meteorite-list] AD: for those who own Barbotan...

From: Mike Bandli <fuzzfoot_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 16:29:20 -0700

...or for those who collect historic publications. I have an original
booklet of Nicolas Baudin's 1796 French report on the fall at Barbotan. 214
years old! Baudin was a Professor of Physics and actually witnessed the
Barbotan fireball. Here he gives a detailed account and considers an
atmospheric origin (and the editors mock the idea of falling rocks). It is a
solid copy and important publication and would love to be united with
someone who owns a piece of the very material for which it was written. (If
I had some Barbotan, I would keep it!). Please send me an email if
interested and I can get some photos taken.

Cheers!

Mike Bandli
Historic Meteorites
www.HistoricMeteorites.com