[meteorite-list] Meteorites are very powerful stones!

From: Richard Montgomery <rickmont_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 18:09:51 -0700

Hmmm....this one is weirdo, Listoids. On my top shelf of my main display
cabinet, for the last few years, I have experienced and documented
incremental movement by many of my specimens relative to each other. My
neighbor called me wacko, after I told him about it...how we can see the
trail in the dust on the glass shelf....so for days we'd measure the
distance between a standing CD and an idividual 340 gram Seymchan siderite,
and over 5 weeks they eventually moved 5 cms and ended up touching. (The CD
moved toward the Seymchan which never moved at all.) All the while a tall
standing slice of NWA3118 did a 180 and stopped in it's new place. There
was also an oriented Sikhote that did a quarter turn and stopped. A Micro
West, TX moved over two inches, like desert rocks on the salt flat, leaving
a dust trail....meanwhile all other specimens stayed exacly in place. The
dust trails were distinct! (This cabinet can't be opened without
self-standing slices falling over and leaving dust evidence of disturbance,
so I've ruled out a boogie-man-woman opening the blocked cabinet door.)

(NO, I don't have blood DNA in a martian meteorite with little red arrows
pointing selling on eBay.)

We figure it's the house settling or micro movement in the foundation.

Wooooga Woooga!!!!