[meteorite-list] wrong weblink should be http://www.qmig.net/thinsection

From: Bob WALKER <qwalkra_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 11:38:41 +1000 (EST)

Michael

Correct weblink is http://www.qmig.net/thinsection

The other webpage is from my Queensland meteorites website with a pic of a
slide of WINTON 2 - WINTON 2 is another one I need to get micrographed as
a priority - it's probably the most scientifically significant meteorite
to ever come out of Australia... shhh... secret squirrel

Cole Creek and NWA 1955 are still there

I may put Mossgiel back - I personally think it was the best of the bunch
so far

Bob WALKER
http://www.qmig.net/thinsection

> Hi Bob & all,
> Unfortunately, Jim Tobin quit making the MBC-10
> And the universal adaptors for Xpolarized lighting. Those
> Who got one are most fortunate, as I treasure mine, for
> Sure.
> You can always get one of those $15K polarized microscopes
> Or Jerry-rig a set up yourself - however, beware that
> The vast majority of polarized filters for cameras are
> Now CIRCULAR and cannot be used. (You must have
> Two linear polarized filters - one of which can rotate for
> The maximum effect.
> At one time, I had a substantial array of TS s for sale,
> But trash flooded the market from other sources and I
> Stopped having TS s made, though I still offer some of the
> Better ones as well as some of the Rarer ones left over from
> the old days.
> However, since Anne Black is currently the leading seller of
> Meteorite thin sections in the world (she also has all of
> ET's world class collection for sale) perhaps she would
> Be willing to contribute information on the best, the cheapest
> Set ups for viewing and for photography.
> However, No one should hope to replicate cheaply the
> following:
>
> the astonishing work of Tom Phillips:
>
> http://www.meteorite.com/meteorite-gallery/
>
> or of John Kashuba:
>
> http://www.meteorite-times.com/Back_Links/2010/june/Micro_Visions.htm
>
> (both brought to us by METEORITE TIMES)
>
> Or the work of Bob Walker's friends he generously shares
> (note - Bob changes these photos from one fall/find to another
> Without notice - his current selection is low in color, but past
> Postings of Mossgiel, NWA 1955 & Cole Creek were all FABULOUS):
>
> http://www.qmig.net/thin-slides.htm
>
> Perhaps Tom or John would be willing to write an article
> For us in METEORITE TIMES on how to most economically
> Produce high quality Thin Section viewing and photos for ourselves???
> RSVP anyone?
> Warm regards, Michael Blood
>

> On 7/6/10 4:40 PM, "Met. Bob Walker (Oz Dog)"
> <qwalkra at mailbox.ezadsl.net.au> wrote:

>>> price
>>> for the one you linked.) There was a thread about it on the list at
>>> the