[meteorite-list] Gebel Kamil iron is official now - 1.6metrictons!?!?

From: Jeff Grossman <jgrossman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 17:47:01 -0400

The analysis in the Meteoritical Bulletin shows this meteorite to have
20% Ni. I don't think any meteorites with this much Ni managed to
develop Widmanstatten patterns during cooling. So unless there is a
large range of composition, which would be very unusual, don't expect to
find any octahedrites here.

Jeff

--
Dr. Jeffrey N. Grossman       phone: (703) 648-6184
US Geological Survey          fax:   (703) 648-6383