[meteorite-list] AD: NWA 6259 - a real Nickel-rich new Ataxite

From: Mirko Graul <m_graul_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 17:06:02 +0000 (GMT)

Dear Curators, Scientists, Collectors and List members,

I would like to introduce to you my newest, sensational desert iron and offer the first slices I have for sale. This new iron is a truly spectacular meteorite ? not only for me. It?s NWA 6259.

It was classified by Prof. John Wasson (UCLA - University of California, Los Angeles) and even Prof. Wasson is definitely enthusiastic about the results of the classification as this iron is a nickel-rich ataxite!
(Iron ungrouped or IAB ungrouped)

Believe me if I say Ni-rich, I also mean Ni-rich!

This new iron has a nickel content of 42.6% making NWA 6259 the iron with the second highest Ni content. There is only one other iron with a higher nickel content: Oktibbeha County with a nickel content of about 60%. Unfortunately, the TKW of Oktibbeha is a mere 156g, so little if anything at all will be found in private collections!

Well, if you really want to add a true rarity to your collection, NWA 6259 is your deal. Even the Dermbach iron with the hitherto second highest nickel content of 41.9%, can?t compete with NWA 6259.

So, go for it, grab this opportunity and place your order for a slice of the iron meteorite with the second highest nickel content!

I am absolutely sure I haven?t promised too much. Both the scientific community and you meteorite collectors out there will be pleased and share my enthusiasm about this one-of-a-time offer.

Let me add as an additional piece of information that this iron is itself magnetic (i.e. it is not only attracted to a magnetic ? it is itself magnetic!) so you can ? if you want to - pick up metal objects that contain iron.

The slices I?m offering were cut with a diamond wire saw, are polished to a mirror finish on one side while the back side displays an excellent diamond wire saw cut.
Of special note are also the numerous small troilite inclusions in these slices.

The pricing is $40/g and I think this is indeed a reasonable price. I even think it is a good price for this 2010 iron highlight!

If interested in this must-have iron, if I succeeded in whetting your appetite in a rare addition to your collection, please feel free to contact me off-list for smaller as well as larger slices of this unique iron.

Shipping and handling in Germany $6 / Europe $8 and worldwide $12 via registered airmail parcel.

http://www.meteorite-mirko.de/0334af9d8f00fba02/0334af9dc00eec502/index.php

BTW: in 4 hours ends my ebay auction of a 125.3g etched endpiece of Gebel Kamil !! Auction was started by $1.99 without reserve price.
Here the Link to this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370410548527&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

and here my complete ebay offers of many interesting pieces:

http://stores.ebay.com/Mirko-Graul-Meteorite

Many greetings to all,

Mirko

Mirko Graul Meteorite
Quittenring.4
16321 Bernau
GERMANY

Phone: 0049-1724105015
E-Mail: m_graul at yahoo.de
WEB: www.meteorite-mirko.de

Member of The Meteoritical Society
(International Society for Meteoritics and Planetery Science)

IMCA-Member: 2113
(International Meteorite Collectors Association)