[meteorite-list] Dating the age of meteorites

From: Steve Dunklee <steve.dunklee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 10:43:08 -0700 (PDT)

there has been reported some new methods of figuring out the age of meteorites which is supposed to be more accurate. Bible enthusiests believe the universe is only 6k years old. Dna combinations and statistics on actual rates of change would put life at 430 billion years old. Half lives of isotopes might be an intriguing method to guess at the age of material but our own experiments with nuclear fusion and fission would tend to hint that material closer to the sun excited by radiation which may be 20 or more billion years old would test by the radiation methods as being younger than newer material that spent its life way out past pluto. Since the big bang there are at least 12 vectors necessary to determine the cosmogenic age of any particle if we exclude Einstiens equations on time . Adding time as a variable instead of a constant creates an infinite possibility of half lives and universes. I have an hydrogen atom. How old is it? The world may never
 know!