[meteorite-list] Jupiter hit by massive meteor/asteroid

From: Matson, Robert D. <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 20:01:41 -0700

Hi Dave,

I think it's a little too early to say whether this is an "obviously
smaller"
impact than previous ones. I actually predict that there will be a
significant
black smudge at this longitude when it rotates back into view in the
next
couple hours. Anyone with a 6-inch or larger aperture telescope should
be
checking Jupiter ~2 hours from now to see if they can spot the aftermath
of
this impact. --Rob