[meteorite-list] Lovina "debate?"

From: Darryl Pitt <darryl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 18:04:58 -0400

LOVINA
Iron (ataxite, ungrouped)
Found 1981
Bali, Indonesia

--Lovina is highly anomalous, which in-and-of-itself plants a seed of
doubt;
--Lovina was certified as a meteorite by the Nomenclature Committee;
--An abstract on Lovina appeared in Lunar and Planetary Science;
--John Wasson has stated "Metals made by man will differ from
meteorites in terms of several elements and element ratios," and
declared Lovina is most likely a meteorite as the elemental signature
of every single element as well as every ratio between the elements
fit perfectly with a meteorite's signature;
--Ted Bunch declared this is most probably a meteorite, "The odds of a
terrestrial rock having every element and every elemental ratio match
a meteorite's composition are akin to possessing a winning Powerball
ticket";
--Lovina is currently undergoing cosmogenic nuclide testing;
--If the radiation data comes back positive, Lovina is
incontrovertibly a meteorite;
--If the radiation data comes back negative, Lovina is probably a
meteorite but there will forever be a seed of doubt;

For further information, go to http://www.macovich.com/Lovina.htm

All best / Darryl