[meteorite-list] NWA 1955 thin-section webpage !

From: Bob WALKER <qwalkra_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 10:59:53 +1000 (EST)

Listoids

I've promised to upload this for a few days haven't I ?

The postman has been nice enuf to deliver my CD of micrographs of NWA 1955
and ZAGAMI today so I've started to upload the micrographs

Micrographs have been done in a more methodical way this time... 75
micrographs of NWA 1955 and 39 micrographs of ZAGAMI... plane-pol and
cross-pol pairs at x20 mag, x50 mag, x100 mag and x200 mag

I'll upload selected cross-pol micrographs in a downsized file size to
save on bandwith and server space

Youse knows where I am if you wish me to airmail youse a CD of the raw
hi-res full data size micrographs straight from the camera... I would ask
for some reasonable donation to assist my postage and handling costs

You'll find the NWA 1955 thin-section webpage at
http://www.qmig.net/nwa1955 (6 pmicrographs uploaded now and I'll upload
30 total micrographs)

ZAGAMI thin-section webpage more likely to be uploaded this evening at
http://www.qmig.net/zagami

Listoids - I hate Wednesdays because it is chemotherapy day for me but the
CD of micrographs has cheered me immensely - I've got 2 hours to try and
upload the webpages and images and I may have to finish it off later today

If you refresh the NWA 1955 webpage you'll see progress as I upload them
in batches of 6... as above - if I have time I'll upload the ZAGAMI
webpage this morning but more likely this evening

Now I have to wait for the postman to deliver the next CD of another 3 new
thin-sections...

While I think of it - a shameless plug for Michael BLOOD

You may be aware that he is writing a book on orientated meteorites... and
he is also writing another book on his beloved hammer stones

Costs mean that he can only afford to publish the hammer stone book in
black and white... Michael has spent and enormous amount of time and
effort contributing to our little meteorite community (and often at his
own cost) and I ask that you consider donating monies to him so this book
might be published in COLOUR !

These books will be a must-have to the collector and I'd ask that you
consider the above

I'm also arranging to borrow some thin-sections of rare hammers so that I
can send micrographs of these to Michael for possible publishing and I'd
ask that youse consider loaning me hammer thin-sections that I will
arrange to be micrographed and returned to you - alternatively you may
wish to contact Michael directly with hammer stone thin-section
micrographs

Best