[meteorite-list] Biggest Meteorites by Type

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 12:34:19 -0400

Hi Listees!

I am putting together a list of the world's largest meteorites by
type. At first, I am concentrating on the major types and then I'll
descend into the rabbit hole of sub-types later.

Here is what I have so far -

Largest Iron - Hoba
Largest chondrite - Jilin
Largest aubrite - Norton County
Largest Martian meteorite - Zagami
Largest Lunar meteorite - NWA 5000 / Kalahari 009
Largest pallasite - Brenham

If there are any errors here, please correct me. :)

I'd love to hear some suggestions for the largest of other types -
misc. achondrites, HEDO's, carbonaceous types, etc.

Best regards,

MikeG
http://www.galactic-stone.com