[meteorite-list] Ad: LA2 fusion-crust & historical USA FALLS

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 06:30:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hello again List,

I have some auctions on eBay that are ending soon:

<http://shop.ebay.com/bolide*chaser/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340>

The first three are historical USA FALLS:

The CHARLOTTE Meteorite.? This Iron - IVA type, Fell to Earth on July 31, 1835 at 1400hrs, in Dickson County, Tennessee, USA.
Charlotte (Iron, IVA), etched-slice (0.34g)
<http://cgi.ebay.com/Old-USA-METEORITE-FALL-Charlotte-Iron-IVA-0-34g-/220616887951>

The NOBLEBOROUGH Meteorite. This Achondrite - Polymict Eucrite type, Fell to Earth on August 7th, 1823 at 16:30hrs, in Lincoln County, Maine, USA.
Nobleborough (AEUC), slice (0.098 grams)
<http://cgi.ebay.com/Old-USA-METEORITE-FALL-Nobleborough-AEUC-0-098g-/220616890731>

The PETERSBURG Meteorite. This Achondrite - Polymict Eucrite type, Fell to Earth on August 5th, 1855 at 15:30hrs, in Lincoln County, Tennessee, USA.
Petersburg, partslice (0.12 grams)
<http://cgi.ebay.com/Old-USA-METEORITE-FALL-Petersburg-AEUC-0-12g-/220616891307>

All of these ultra-rare, historical USA Falls have the same provenance: from Russ Kempton at NEMS via the Michael Cottingham Meteorite Collection.

And for the collector who loves FUSION-CRUST - the Los Angeles Mars-rock Diabasic Shergottite - a fusion-crusted endcut (0.85g) - a special offering from out of my personal collection, because this is my best piece with FUSION-CRUST. Specimens with fusion-crust have been few and far between, and this could be your last chance to snag one with this much surface area.
<http://cgi.ebay.com/Los-Angeles-Mars-rock-Meteorite-FUSION-CRUST-0-85g-/220616983005>

Check-out the images on the auction site.
All of the above specimens are now listed on eBay:
<http://shop.ebay.com/bolide*chaser/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340>

Hope you enjoy the images,
Bob V.