[meteorite-list] EoM webservice now used on Meteorite-Times

From: Paul Harris <paul_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 09:32:41 -0700

Dear List,

On May 23rd, Sergey wrote the email below letting website developers
know about the webservice he wrote that allows access to the
Encyclopedia of Meteorites database. With the help of Sergey I was able
to port the ASP code over to PHP. If any of you use PHP and want to
use this webservice please contact me off list for the code.

We use this webservice to allow easy access the EoM website from
Meteorite-Times instead of displaying meteorite data from the EoM.

For an example of how this works on Meteorite-Times, let's take a look
at Martin's article this month. Click on
http://www.meteorite-times.com/meteorite_frame.htm and then click on
Martin's "Accretion Desk" link. This month's article is on Tadjera.
Let's say that while reading the article you want more information about
Tadjera. Simply copy and past Tadjera into the new "Meteorite Lookup on
Encyclopedia of Meteorites" text input box and click the "Search Query"
button.

The Encyclopedia of Meteorites webpage on Tadjera will open in a new
window so that it does not disturb your place in Martin's Tadjera
article. From the EoM webpage you can also click on the "Direct Link"
link to have the Meteoritical Bulletin webpage for Tadjer open in a new
window.

If you encounter any problems, which I'm expecting :-) Please contact
me off list.

I hope you find this useful while reading the articles in
Meteorite-Times. I wish to thank Sergey for taking the time and effort
to make this available and to the IMCA for freely sharing their database
data.

Thank you,

Paul