[meteorite-list] Hayabusa Returns - WOW!!!

From: countdeiro at earthlink.net <countdeiro_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 22:10:01 -0400 (EDT)

WOW! You bet...Jeff. Thanks for the link to that breathtaking video.

Hello to the List.

Don't we live in interesting times...a new age of discovery? From the pioneer Goddard, to the boys from Pennemunde, to the White Sands desert rats, to all the NASA like teams from all the countries. To the consotoriums of talent like JAXA and JPL...we earthlings continue to proceed inexorably further into our future and our past.

One of the joys of living a long time... is to be able to revel in remembering the milestones past and still be alive to delight in the accomplishments of today.

Sadly, old men like me, remember the flash of blades in the sunlight above the necks of the grandfathers of those who today congratulate Hayabusa's makers. Sadly, we also remember the flashes of man made light that extinguished the grandparents of the very same Hayabusa's makers.

If we as a species could just get to the point where we could skip the "lets kill each other" part and go directly to "kiss and make up" ....we would really have accomplished something.

Count Deiro
IMCA 3536