[meteorite-list] Rocks from Space Picture of the Day - June 16, 2010

From: cdtucson at cox.net <cdtucson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 13:18:51 -0400

Greg C.
Thank you for your response but, my question was meant for Greg Hupe.
As I said before. There is NO doubt that this is a true pairing.
I know Tony Irving and he is in my opinion a true genius.
He classified my Arivaca Find.
The reason for the question is to illustrate the point that O-isotope are NOT always necessary to determine pairings.
Point being that unless Dr. Irving is a magician as well as a genius he has not had time to have checked the O-isotopes on the particular paired meteorite. He just got it.
It pleases me to be reassured that we are not going to require O-isotope testing in all possible pairings. This is a win win situation.
Again, Congrats to all for this amazing gift to our community.
Thanks.
Carl

--
Carl or Debbie Esparza
Meteoritemax
---- Greg Catterton <star_wars_collector at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hey to all, I hope everyone is doing well today!
As for the pairing of my new angrite with the NWA 2999...
There is solid scientific data that is available and can be verified with the scientist who has done the work, and the person who did the testing of this also tested the NWA 2999 material.
I think Greg H was speaking to having solid data gathered by a very reputable person who has previous experience with such material and the ability for the claim of pairing to be able to be validated.
Tony Irving and his associates were kind enough to take the time to verify this and to do further detailed studies to come up with the pairing conclusion.
As most of you know, Angrites are a very rare classification, and this as well as NWA 2999 are unusual compared to all other angrites, so good data was needed to be recorded. That has been done.
Greg H. has talked to Tony and also with me, that is how he has more information then I have offered publicly up to this point.
While I have not announced any for sale yet, I do plan to sell a few slices and when I do, I will be providing full information and a very nice documentation package to accompany all samples sold. For material of this rare nature, I feel this is something that should be taken slow and done right. All parties involved will be thankful and benefit from this. That said, and while not trying to turn this into an AD, I am open to offers on samples before I offer this publicly for sale.
Greg Catterton
www.wanderingstarmeteorites.com
IMCA member 4682
On Ebay: http://stores.shop.ebay.com/wanderingstarmeteorites