[meteorite-list] NWA 5400, etc

From: Darryl Pitt <darryl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 10:53:45 -0400

Dear List,

I personally believe the debate on 5400 has moved off-center. I mean,
is the salient issue really whether or not other material is paired to
5400?

I don't think so.

It seems to me the controversy centers on "What's worthy of
distribution for list-members consumption"---because that's the issue
which ignited the inferno.

Should vague rumor-mongering be acceptable? Never. As I mentioned
previously, however, when an accredited scientist suggests there is a
pairing (or possible pairing) of materials, it would seem such
information should be able to be disseminated to the list without
repercussion. It's a useful bulletin or update which is of service to
the meteorite community, as expressed by a professional, and can be
navigated by each list member however they choose.

To me---that seems righteous. What do you think?

All best / d