[meteorite-list] Mercurian Meteorites (was: Rocks from Space Picture of the Day - June 16, 2010)

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 12:58:33 -0400

Hi Bernd and List,

When people ask me about the possible angrite-Mercury connection, I
generally refer to them to the excellent article written by Melinda
Hutson that appeared in the May 2008 issue of Meteorite Magazine. In
summary, the article casts some serious doubts on Mercury being the
parent body of angrites. Since that time, no research has been
published that supports the connection.

I think what we have here is a case of possibilities - it is
mathematically possible that a meteorite from Mercury could arrive on
Earth. But it's far more likely I will be struck in the head by the
first American lunar fall while I am typing this. ;)

(*whistling noise*)

(*crash*)

(*thud*)

On 18 Jun 2010 16:47:09 UT, bernd.pauli at paulinet.de