[meteorite-list] Landowner wins custody battle for meteorite

From: Frank Cressy <fcressy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 10:36:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Al and all,?

Actually meteorite ownership was established in a case regarding the second largest stone (66 pounds) of the Forest City, Iowa fall.? I believe the that the case involving the Willamette meteorite cited the earlier Iowa decision as a legal precedent.? Here's a link to an article in the University of Minnesota alumni newsletter about a year ago regarding the Forest City meteorite:

http://minnesotamagazine.blogspot.com/2008/11/romancing-meteorite.html

Cheers,

Frank