[meteorite-list] Movie uses

From: Ruben Garcia <mrmeteorite_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 15:09:18 -0700

Hi Count and all,

I respect your opinion - and you are free to have it.

But I didn't start the "What's my meteor worth" in movies. However, I
do have a clip of the one who did.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rtm8w3o63AA

Seriously though, what's up with the constant contention? One would
think there is already too much on this forum.

If only one article about meteorites had been written about me I could
say the same as you. I surely have articles and TV shows where I never
mentioned money. I'm sure the same is true for Farmer, Notkin, Arnold,
Haag and CLary.

However, In this case the story is fictional (I never found a $270,000
space rock) it's done for a fictional movie. Is it a big deal that
they included that figure? Not to me..... If it is to you, sorry!
http://www.mr-meteorite.net

By the way, I was not asked to help write the script (which this
magazine cover is part of.) I consulted them on meteorite hunting.

Truthfully, part of the allure of meteorites (even to me and you) is
their value. Here is my good friend Bob Haag talking about meteorites
being as valuable as diamonds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1kO1SxF47w