[meteorite-list] real jobs

From: Greg Stanley <stanleygregr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 09:15:01 -0700

Steve:

I find you term "real job" and the notion that some may live with "mommy and daddy" really insulting to those who spend the many hours searching and selling meteorites.? It is a job and a very difficult job; how about you try it.? As in any self-employed business, the hours are very long (> 9 hrs/day) I'm sure.? Also I think many of these traveling meteorite hunters have jobs but can take time off.? Some could be teachers and have summers off, or firemen (often work for two weeks and then have few weeks off; the same is true for some in the oil industry; others may be retired.? Also, some self-employed may be able to take time off as they wish.? Being a meteorite hunter/dealer is a "REAL" job and one I'm thankful they do so I can acquire meteorites.? I myself am an Engineer and I go hunting on weekends, take time off and go hunting throughout the southwest... no problem.? I also went to both West, TX and Wisconsin.

Greg S.