[meteorite-list] my 1st meteorite, and a question about irons!

From: Dave Myers <whitefalcons007_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 20:36:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hi list, hope everyone is well!

In 2004.5 i bought my 1st meteorite. a campo iron, the best oriented 1094 gram. meteorite that was on Arizona sky meteorites web page!
after looking at the other types of meteorites on the net for the next 1.5 years, (and being a rock hound and arrowhead collector since i was a kid!)

I thought the (ord.-chondrites) were 10X better! So I?typed in chondrites forsale on the net! , looked at many?web page's, and came across
meteoriteUSA, Eric Wichman, right at the best time cause he had lots of ?unwa" some-large, some thump printed, some with crackles all over the fusion crust,and slices,end cuts?of every type color-matrix you find in meteorites!? And best of all , his prices were 1 half to? one?third, of other web-sites I went too!

So over the next few years i started cherry picking, the pictures on his web site! What I thought a meteorite should look like on the out side, and then wanted,?every different slice of every color on the?inside! ( even thou I still dont know what types they are!) lol......so that where i started!

About campos,

Mine is like everyone I have seen on the net, that it is bright silver or(cleaned) After seeing the canyon Diablos, and all the other types that have that great brown-rusted patina? I love that so much better! Did campos look like that when they found them?? I do not think i have seen one brown-patina campo
on the net for sell!

So if I put mine in water for a few weeks,?will it look cool like the other types or not!

thanks for any info!

Dave Myers!