[meteorite-list] Your First Meteorite - When did you Get It

From: Stuart McDaniel - Action Shooting Supply <actionshooting_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 12:23:28 -0400

Newbie here.........................My first was relative recent, early
2009. It was a small collection of uNWA's from John "moonman" from the
CloudyNights forum. I had no idea it was even possible to own a meteorite
and was very skeptical they were real because I had NEVER done ANY reading
or research. It had just never crossed my mind. After some research I was
convinced. Then Mike Gilmer hooked me up with shergottite and lunar
micro-mount, and I was hooked. I became an ebay terrorist!! That got me
hooked up with several of you guys (Adam & Greg Hupe, Gary Fujihara, Gary
Catterton, etc.) and have some acquired almost 60 small, but very nice
specimens to date. And less not forget about that time I saw the first
"Meteorite Men" show and was really hooked!! Geoff and Steve seem to be
really great guys and Steve has also contributed to my collection/ADDICTION.

Stuart McDaniel
Lawndale, NC
Secr.,
Cleve. Co. Astronomical Society