[meteorite-list] I'm OK. Yahoo Account Hacked

From: Norbert Classen <riffraff_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 20:27:20 +0200

Hi All,

Seems that they hacked some Yahoo server as I got a similar email from a
South American friend (with a private yahoo email address) alegedly robbed
in Lebanon... I knew this was a scam as my friend would never address me in
English, and since he's working for the government of his country he
wouldn't be in serious trouble or in need for a Western Union transfer to
Lebanon...

Take care, especially if you have a Yahoo account... it doesn't seem to be a
problem which affects just Richard's account.

All the best,
Norbert

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----

Hey Eric,

My guess is that the hacker grabbed my yahoo address book too, and some of
you may see additional emails from "me" about this scam. I'm not seeing any
compromises on my local systems, so apparently my password was too easy,
they cracked it and did a smash and grab.

I have used a much stronger password on this account and my LPL and Full
Moon Photography email addresses are much more secure as well.

NEVER respond to any calls for help on a mailing list. I, like nearly all of
you, would contact family and friends long before I'd send out a post on any
mailing list about being in trouble in another country and needing help and
especially needing money.

As Kelly did, a simple phone call is always a good way to check on things
too.

Thanks everyone for your concern and again apologies for any trouble this
has caused.

--
Richard Kowalski
Full Moon Photography