[meteorite-list] What makes a meteor glow?

From: Mexicodoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 19:14:49 -0400

Nice find G?ran, that is definitely the first half and refreshing to
know ... next I was wishing that along having the correct wavelengths
(the spectrum of a meteoroid with a reasonable S/N ratio and an
encompassing energy range) ... that it is attached to a guru who can
draw us the blackbody curve in it, integrate that energy, and then
deconvolute the emission lines all in the same spectrum ... and compare
both energies for us on a silver platter ;-) Maybe you or someone is up
to it ;-) Do you think that be the sort of analysis would be necessary
to give a quantifiable answer to Bob's question for a specific event?

Kindest wishes
Doug