[meteorite-list] The Perils of Type Collecting - A Guide

From: Zelimir.Gabelica at uha.fr <Zelimir.Gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 00:05:41 +0100

Hi Mike,

Can you tell me the name of the CM3 ?

Btw: a very complete list of types (& subtypes) can also be found in
both the Met. Bull. database or at the end of the "Meteorites from A
to Z" booklet (ed 2008) by Jensen bros.

Note: Murchison is CM2.5 (Rubin & al, Geochim, Cosmochim. Acta, 2008)

Note 2: don't forget to add CK3 and C2 (Tagish) and a few other (see
Carl's remarks)

Note 3: I am not sure "metachondrite" is official, though I very much
appreciate that new nomenclature suggested by D. Weir in his
outstanding comprehensive site.

Best wishes,

Zelimir

Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike at gmail.com> a ?crit?: