[meteorite-list] Perth Hammer?

From: Meteorites USA <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 09:01:46 -0800

Looks like we may have another.

ARTICLE: Museum investigates meteorite claims
Glenn Cordingley
From: PerthNow
March 05, 2010 2:58PM
SOURCE:
http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/special-features/museum-investigates-meteorite-claims/story-e6frg1ac-1225837470139

WA Museum curators will investigate claims a meteorite crashed into a
home of a north-eastern suburb in Perth.

A museum spokesman said a woman had claimed a meteorite hit her
Beechboro home last night.

?All we know is a house has been hit by a suspected meteorite but we
have not had a chance to verify this,? a museum spokesman said.

?We are trying to get it over to the museum for one of our scientists to
have a look at but at this stage we do not know if it?s a rock or a
meteorite.?

Email us: Send us your meteorite pictures

Perth Observatory said it had received a ?couple of reports? last night
from people phoning to say they had seen a light in the sky.

?At this stage no one seems to be able to put it all together, but if it
was a meteor it belongs to the WA Government, observatory astronomer
Ralph Martyn said.

?The reports at this stage are very sketchy.?

He said the observatory was waiting to inspect a photograph of the object.

?A lot of people find slag out of glass furnaces and think they are
meteorites as well, they kind of look the same.?

Have our friends in Australia heard anything more on this one?

Regards,
Eric Wichman
Meteorites USA