[meteorite-list] AD -AWESOME NWA achondrite - very good prices!

From: Greg Catterton <star_wars_collector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 21:27:21 -0800 (PST)

Hi to all, Hope everyone is doing well.

I have some really nice fusion crusted NWA achondrite available.
While it is currently being classified, I am needing to get some of this sold asap.
I have several complete slices, part slices and a 149 gram end cut for sale
Price starts at $13 per gram and buyers will be updated once a NWA number is assigned.
While it was first thought this was similar to the Howardite NWA 1929, preliminary testing has shown that these are not the same due to the absence of pervasive recrystallization.

Here is the info from preliminary testing:

"This sample is different than the one Ted Bunch has characterized as NWA 1929. Here is a brief listing of its contents:
-metal rich eucrite
-Gabbro
-Fine-grained Basalt
-Recrystallized Basalt
-Diogenite
-Melt Clasts

NWA 1929 is described as having pervasive recrystallization (its been hit so hard that grains within the original componants "recrystallized" to accomodate the stress it suffered).
This does NOT show pervasive recrystallization."

Pictures:
Slices
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c165/jedisdiamond/DSCF3529.jpg
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c165/jedisdiamond/DSCF3528.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c165/jedisdiamond/DSCF3523.jpg

End cut
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c165/jedisdiamond/DSCF3261.jpg

Fusion crust
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c165/jedisdiamond/DSCF3257.jpg

Thanks for looking. Email me off list for more on this material.

Greg Catterton
www.wanderingstarmeteorites.com
IMCA member 4682
On Ebay: http://stores.shop.ebay.com/wanderingstarmeteorites