[meteorite-list] VERY OFF Topic, Stamps & First Day Covers

From: Richard Kowalski <damoclid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 10:43:01 -0800 (PST)

Apologies for this being so far off topic, but I know there are many collectors of various items on this list, so possibly one could provide my siblings & I with some assistance.

My late father collected primarily first day covers and less often, stamps. I know that these collectibles have taken a huge hit in valuation in the past decade, but there is some possibility that over his many decades of collecting he obtained some that have held their value. Unfortunately neither I nor my siblings have any interest in holding on to them, nor do we have any idea who we can trust them with to get a fair evaluation and sales price.

The funds will go to help pay for our mother's assisted living costs.

If anyone has any suggestions on dealers in the United States we should contact, please let me know off list.

Thanks and again my apologies for such an off topic post.

--
Richard Kowalski
Full Moon Photography