[meteorite-list] It is a sad day.....

From: Mark Bowling <minador_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 18:06:24 -0800 (PST)

You can't even leave human remains!?!? Then?where is one to dump bodies now??? ;-)

Good thing I'm only detecting gold and only collect neat looking rocks (of course I will leave all coins older than 10 years and also meteorites - those I will find on my property...).? They cannot chase you away if you are on a mining claim - they can threaten you, but there is nothing they can do (been there, done that).? They don't mind you filing invalid claims over top other owners as long as they get your fees, so they don't stop you for making invalid claims.? And they can't make you leave a claim as long as you aren't overtly damaging the land,?breaking the law, etc.? They say that going on claims is "not advisable"....

But it's only going to get worse.? The make a law to stop grave robbers and government bureaucracy just grows larger and becomes more overbearing.

Am I to interpret that trash older than 10 years is protected under ARPA?? It will be interesting to see if more "older" garbage starts to be disposed on BLM land (like old junk cars, buildings, etc).? And how long does it take for it to become an important site to protect?? Just blowing off steam, sorry.? ;0)

Happy collecting on public lands!!
Mark B.
Vail, AZ