[meteorite-list] It is a sad day.....

From: Mark Bowling <minador_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 09:13:48 -0800 (PST)

It's clearly Leaverite!

----- Original Message ----
From: Erik Fisler <erikfwebb at msn.com>
To: meteorite-list <meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com>
Sent: Mon, March 8, 2010 11:26:27 PM
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] It is a sad day.....

Hi,

If worst comes to worst I will "refind" the meteorites on private land
of which I have permission to hunt.? For classification I will supply
the coordinates to the university.? This way we will still have the
opportunity to expand our knowledge of meteorites and the number of new
classifications for the good of science.

If anyone thinks that the coordinates of the find matter enough to give
up searching for them on BLM land then that is a very nice thought.?

I'd rather see new classification's like Sony's saved from
terrestrializing over knowing the spot in which they are found.

So, be a tourist, take pictures, throw some interesting rocks in your
pocket.

I'd like to see a BLM ranger distinguish between basalt and a weathered
chondrite...

[Erik]