[meteorite-list] It's now an even sadder day...what happened to ethics??

From: Dennis Beatty <apollocollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 11:16:34 -0800

Hello Martin,

I am glad that we have had people like Nininger "out there" hunting
meteorites and helping us to understand their significance. It is
because of their efforts that we have the treasured collections which
you mentioned in your e-mail. However, I don't believe that Mr.
Nininger would be pleased with what is happening today. Instead of
being treated as treasures of knowledge and items of beauty,
meteorites have become a commodity. Specimens are now cut and chipped
into small specks (in some cases nothing more than powder) which seem
to be of little or no value to science. All in the name of profit.

Thanks,

Dennis