[meteorite-list] Kendleton correction

From: Jack Schrader <schraderj_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 09:20:15 -0800 (PST)

Live from New York City! I am presently in Manhattan and the weather here is perfect! A light jacket over a tee shirt is all that is needed here today. Last evening I made a post to the list in which I was comparing the Kendleton fall of 1939 to the Whetstone Mountains fall of 2009. I made the statement that the Kendleton fall was a small fall of only fifteen stones. Frank Cressy kindly contacted me immediately after my erroneous post and offered the correct information on Kendleton. Frank is currently in the process of writing a book on falls and has the most current data on the Kendleton fall that he has gathered from his extensive research efforts in the preparation of his new book. Frank pointed out that the information I had was outdated and from a very early report initially prepared on the fall and that the actual TKW of Kendleton now stands at 9.7 kg with a total 57 stones recovered. The Met Bul states a TKW of 6.94 kg so Frank's
 information is the most current. Sorry for my error and a big thank you to Frank for pointing this out. All the best, Jack