[meteorite-list] to metlist for Don Edwards

From: Bob WALKER <qwalkra_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 07:52:33 +1100 (EST)

Don EDWARDS/assorted Listoids

Don - your email server does not like my server and has blocked my email !

Don - Can you please email me at admin at qmig.net from ANOTHER private email
address so I can email you. My earlier blocked email was ccd to RK at the
NE end of your country - talk to R about what I emailed him please

Listoids - and for everybody else on the list - I am extremely cheered by
your kind comments and support... I'd hope that it changes the focus of
the space rock of the day picture to thin sections from time to time...

And to one in particular with no slight intended... it's not so much the
EMP that will confirm whether this is a L4 or LL4 - far more subtle to
differentiate than this - not as easy as one might think to classify
meteorites (sometimes)- the solution is more of chemical analysis and damn
lots of it depending on how well the chondrite is equilibrated - but then
again there are (sometimes) tantalising clues in the petrology

Finally - I've always taken the view that thin sections can be branded and
marketed - they make a wonderful executive unigue high-end limited edition
print far nicer than any poster or painting thus if I ever send CDs of the
original pix I'll watermark them... but if any Listoids want a particular
pic as an A3 or larger print from the original huge 4000 x 3000 raw images
- you know where I am - they won't be cheap but this cost is more the
printing cost and I will be making little if any profit !

Over to youse but I suggest this is the next new big thing at Tucson 2011 !

Ciao