[meteorite-list] Why isnt documenting meteorites stressed enough?

From: Mark Bowling <minador_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 10:03:46 -0800 (PST)

----- Original Message ----
From: "GeoZay at aol.com" GeoZay at aol.com

> I may be wrong, but it seemed to me that with each episode,? there were
> scenes of Geoff and Steve going over maps that showed individual? finds or a
> bunch of them. I got the impression without much brain twisting that? these
> positions were found with the use of a GPS or plotting on topog maps by?
> someone at one time or another. There was some secrecy with maps to the extent?
> that I assumed they were hiding the locations of meteorite finds.
> GeoZay?

If I recall, I saw them take GPS and photos on most of the episodes.? I'm not a lake hunter, so maybe they have had a routine there too that wasn't caught on camera.? I don't know if Sonny was taking any information - it's his area of interest.? I think the interaction Geoff and Steve have with the scientists sets a good example.

Mark