[meteorite-list] pronunciation of L'aigle

From: Impactika at aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 20:18:40 EST

Yes, I agree with Rob,
The end is clipped off, and the "e" is practically silent.
The recording is right.

Now do you want to try "Orgueil" ? ;-)

Anne M. Black
_http://www.impactika.com/_ (http://www.impactika.com/)
_IMPACTIKA at aol.com_ (mailto:IMPACTIKA at aol.com)
Vice-President, I.M.C.A. Inc.
_http://www.imca.cc/_ (http://www.imca.cc/)

In a message dated 3/13/2010 6:07:18 PM Mountain Standard Time,
mojave_meteorites at cox.net writes:
> L'aigle is an easy one. * aigle * is the " eagle "
> in English but let's talk about its pronunciation:

> - *ai* sounds like the first *a* in "animal"

My francais may be a bit rusty, but I'm pretty sure L'aigle
is pronounced pretty close to:

LAY' -gluh

(emphasis on first syllable, with the "uh" at the end just
barely pronounced. There really isn't an English equivalent
to the clipped sound of the -gle ending.) --Rob