[meteorite-list] pronunciation of L'aigle

From: GeoZay at aol.com <GeoZay_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 20:26:51 EST

>> L'aigle is an easy one. * aigle * is the " eagle "
> in English but let's talk about its pronunciation:<<

Well...while we are at it, how do you pronounce "Sikhote-alin" ? You can't
begin to imagine how I was pronouncing it until I heard someone actually
say it aloud about a month ago. Figured it had to be right because it was
easier to get thru the lips. I now understand it to be pronounced like
this...Sid-coat-e-a-lean.
That's from the point of view of english speaking people. Am I close or am
I still off?
GeoZay