[meteorite-list] Ad Announcing the "Count" cube Scale / Orientation cube

From: Shawn Alan <photophlow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 20:50:31 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Tom and List,
?
I like the direction your going with the wooden orientation cubes, however I have a question. You had said......
?
"First off, I want you all to know I am not taking this
seriously, just having fun with it."
?
Now when you say your just just having fun with this and not taking this seriously, is this in reference to the sizes of?the new orientation cubes? Why I ask is because when I was looking at some of the images that you had posted on eBay with the new inch orientation cubes, I wasn't able to tell which one was the inch cube and which on was the cm cube.I think this?could cause problems with documenting the size by using the inch orientation cubes instead of cm cubes for?reference of size. I feel there is a reason why in science and meteorite science the metric system is used as a standard practices for measuring/documentation, if there wasn't standard size in measuring, science would be a mess.
?
Now I think if you made the?inch orientation cube ornate looking and pushed the humor by altering it so it doesn't resemble the cm wooden orientation cubes, I could see people not getting confused with the inch orientation cube and they would see the humor in it.
?
Shawn Alan
?
?
[meteorite-list] Ad Announcing the "Count" cube Scale / Orientation cube
Starsinthedirt at aol.com Starsinthedirt at aol.com
Sun Mar 14 19:48:40 EDT 2010