[meteorite-list] Effects of winds aloft on darkflight phase

From: Chauncey Walden <clwaldeniii_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 09:19:56 -0600

It would seem that there has been significant data captured fairly
recently on the effects of winds aloft on the darkflight phase of a
meteorite's journey. I recall that the winds had shifted the axis of the
strewnfield from the track of the bolide in cases like Park Forest. So,
the question is "What are the observed extremes of the distance off axis
from the retardation point to arrival on the ground?" Are we talking
kilometers or possibly 10s of kilometers?
Chauncey
Colorado COMETS