[meteorite-list] The Sniper Mentality

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 17:22:23 +0000

I vary in my bidding methods, depending on the current bid, how many people are bidding, how much I want the item...? People snipe so that they have the best chance of getting the item for as cheaply as possible.? Usually I bid my maximum as late as possible; if I can, manually sniping in the last few seconds.? This puts my bid in late enough so that others can't 'top' it or raise it and make me pay more.? I may put in an absentee bid early on if I know I won't be online when the auction is closing.? I don't always win my item, but often enough I do, and for less than I was willing to pay, that it works for me.

That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it. ;)

Best!
Tracy Latimer