[meteorite-list] Rocks from Space Picture of the Day - March 19, 2010...vugs/gasses?

From: Jeff Kuyken <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 13:02:11 +1100

G'day Graham,

I believe a lot of work has been done of vugs/vesicles over the years. There
is a well known paper by Edward Olsen called "Vugs in Ordinary Chondrites".
It's pretty old now but it does still seem to get referenced in modern
papers.

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/nph-data_query?bibcode=1981Metic..16...45O&db_key=AST&link_type=ARTICLE

If you have never used NASA Ads then I highly recommend it! It's where I
find 90% of my material when researching meteorites and in my personal
opinion is one of the very best scientific resources available. Here is the
link:

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abstract_service.html

I also make mention of the vesicles in Ibitira which is an anomalous
basaltic achondrite:

http://www.meteorites.com.au/features/ibitira.html

Hope that helps,

Jeff